Opportunity: Artistic Coordinator
Founded in 2012, the International Biennial of Casablanca (BIC) is an independent international art event held every two years in the city of Casablanca. The biennial aims to promote contemporary art in Morocco and highlight the cultural breadth and architectural heritage of Casablanca.
The biennale is also the exhibition component of Ifitry, an artists residency created in 2008 in the region of Essaouira. It is also accompanied by a new space, the BIC project space, that will host medium-size art events in Casablanca from April 2019.
The International Biennial of Casablanca is looking for an artistic coordinator.
Under the responsibility of the artistic direction, the tasks of the candidate will be as follows:
- Follow up of grant applicartions and partnerships in liaison with the development officer
- Follow up of calls for applications
- Management of the residencies and exhibitions calendars
- Management of all administration related to artists, collaborators and venues
- Follow up of technical riders liaising with technical team
- Assistance in exhibitions installation
- Follow-up with suppliers
- Drafting of contracts, agreements, loan forms
- Research and written contributions to the biennial's website and publications
- Management of mailing list
- University or professional training in art history, exhibition curator, developement of cultural projects design, arts administration or cultural mediation
- Passion for art and culture
- Understanding the stakes of a biennale of contemporary art
- General knowledge of Moroccan, African and international art scene
- Experience in coordinating and installing exhibitions or cultural events
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English, Moroccan Arabic (Darija) is a plus
- Computer skills
- Excellent organisation
Type of contract: self-employed, fixed term, part-time
Starting date: end of February 2019
Deadline for application: 31/01/2019
Place of employment: flexible, presence in Casablanca essential during events preparations
To apply: Send a CV + letter of motivation in PDF format (max 4Mo) by email to the attention of Secrétariat Général de la Biennale Internationale de Casablanca at indicating "candidature coodinateur artistique" as subject of the email.
Interviews will take place mid-February 2019.